Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

{ Croydon Carers - week four Valentine's Day }


this week I dedicated my time to giving the shop a romantic feel, just in time for Valentine's Day.

my lovely fellow volunteers put aside anything red or pink or love related over the course of the week.  whilst I made this fab giant hearts.  I used some scrap cardboard that was being thrown out by my neighbours and some wallpaper that I found on Freecycle.  once I had made them, I embarked on the refreshing walk down to the charity shop, carrying huge pink hearts in front of my chest.  I like to think that I put a smile on a few people's faces.

once I got to the shop I cracked on with creating a home for cupid in the window and dotted around the store, and hung the huge hearts on ribbon from home, from the suspended ceiling.

all in all, this didn't cost a penny, just some time and creativity.  I thin it really brightens up the place.  let's hope it pulls the customers in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I quote you on that?