Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

{ Croydon Carers Charity - week two }


due to an extremely frustrating day of MacBook hell, I decided to spend the day back in the Croydon Carers charity shop.  this day would not be spent picking up the pieces of my smashed MacBook from outside the window I may have thrown it through had I stayed at home.  But instead spent rather more constructively on giving the interior of the shop a make over.

I have created a Stylist Choice section of the store, with vintage signage and swingers.  there are some genuine vintage treats in this store at a bargain price.  I am constantly having to stop myself from buying them!

we decided to move the jewellery counter out from the cash desk area and on to the shop floor.  so I created this Treasure Trove.  stripping back the original brightly patterned fabrics that the necklaces were displayed on, I instead used some plates from around the shop so that the product could be seen in all its glory.

the store staff have had a tendency to go price gun crazy, lots of little bright yellow stickers everywhere, even on the toes of shoes.  so I have started to replace this with simple price menus neatly typed.

so far this has not costed the charity any money, I have used items I have found in the shop to dress it.  and of course some simple printing at home doesn't cost them anything.  the reaction has been very positive.  the employees in the office and the regular customers seem very excited by the changes.

before

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I quote you on that?