Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

{ Nativity Scene }


I really have to remember to take a 'Before' photo when I do things like this!  I tend to get stuck right in before I stop to think that it might be interesting to see what it looked like before!  

This nativity set was bought in a charity shop for a few pence.  It was a dark brown wooden stable with plastic coloured nativity.


So, first of all I painted the wooden stable white (of course), and also added a bit of Cole & Son wallpaper to the interior wall...

I painted all of the nativity characters white (of course), but wanted to add a bit of sparkle to Baby Jesus and to the gold items in the scene.  So I painted him gold, as well as the Kings' crowns, gifts, angels wings and gave Mary some gold studs and wedding ring, because, quite frankly, she deserves a treat!

Lastly, I added a bit of blue glittered bunting to mark the birthday celebration of Baby Jesus.

This should look cute in the porch for our Christmas Party in two week's time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I quote you on that?