Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{ Christian Louboutin Pop Up }

With my ever growing excitement about my forth coming visit to see the King, with a capital C, of shoes exhibition at the design museum, I thought it only fitting that I allow the tension to heighten with a visit to Christian Louboutin's pop up shop in Selfridges before it closes on Sunday.

As ever, Selfridges did not disappoint with their window display. An engineering creation to entice the passersby. Punching fists, can can legs all with moving parts. It was all there... Until you stepped inside.
The collection, in all it's theatrics, was rather unimaginatively displayed on circular gondolas. There were no classic courts to be seen, which I thought would be their bread and butter, as well as serving as a calm grounding to the ostentatious studded and embellished fashion styles they were showcasing.

The accessories range was minimal and was displayed in a rehashed version of the wonderland shop that had been there previously.

That said, it was lovely to flick through the beautiful hardback book which I am coveting. It was also a lovely opportunity to marvel at those red soles that we all can't help but crave.

The business card I can't imagine calling on very much, but I couldn't help myself. I love the idea of having Christian Louboutin in my address book...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I quote you on that?